Friday, April 11, 2014

Zhoumo kuaile!

Welcome to my 300th post! I suppose I should mark the milestone with some news:
We're going home! 
It looks like we'll be back in the States by the Fourth (of July). Fitting, right?

Emotions are mixed. After all, I've just begun feeling as if I've gotten my groove down. And there are certainly things I'll miss (crepurritos, mostly). But I'm anxious to get back to real life. 'Cause living here isn’t real. It's freelance chump change instead of a corporate paycheck; it's a driver named Bob instead of car insurance bills.

More on the move to come, but in the meantime, we're making our "Shucket list" (Shanghai bucket list) and anxiously awaiting our next (quite possibly our last?) visitors who will be making the trip from London, England.

8 comments:

  1. YAAAA!!! Welcome Home my Love & Mike we've missed you so !!! along with Shima of course as we must meet her…
    Well good luck on that "Shucket list" LOL, send more pictures and of course Posts!! Those crepurriots as you call them look delicious!! Either get the receipt or smuggle some home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alexis

    I stumbled across your blog as Ive started my research on a potential expat role in Shanghai. Reading your blogs has helped me get an insight on what to expect.

    Is there a way i can PM you for some tips?

    Chunwah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But of course! acgoubran at gmail dot com. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Alexis

      Thanks. I have PM you. Hope you got the email.

      Delete
  3. YAY! Great news! Where will you be living? LA or San Fran?

    ReplyDelete